Saturday, January 11, 2014

The ONE REAL JOB Anyone Can Get in ANY Economy (and it is NOT “immoral”)!!!


This is about “Animal-Consciousness” women – but it NEVER hurts dating possibilities to have MONEY (unless you have so much people are trying to swindle you constantly)!!! In joke for Dekalb County, Georgia, circa 1988: Remember MY Republican Congressman Pat Swindall and how to deflect scandal after scandal he kept getting his wife “Christianly pregnant”??? The stories actually had National Legs – HA!!!


>>> HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP did THIS BLOG cause Sen. Thom Goolsby to GIVE UP???

Goolsby, a Wilmington attorney, made the announcement today in a news release. He cited a need to spend more time with his family.

* * *

>>> A FEW OTHER MATTERS FIRST:

1.      In NEWS CLARIFICATION, I saw a protest at the D.A.’s office over the mentally ill kid shot unnecessarily in Boiling Springs Lakes, North Carolina. The sign was Jon David and the protest was to ensure justice – NOT to criticize Jon, at least not now. The fact that Ben David was the one I saw at the crime scene (rather than his twin Jon), does NOT preclude Jon’s being there too – and they DO work together, so that is no criticism from me. They both do some good work together, although their prosecutions of drug and thug crimes are more likely of those who are not cooperating with the powers that be. They confiscate TINY amounts of drugs compared to what passes through Port Wilmington.


2.      In an unrelated North Carolina matter, I would like to say I SALUTE Wilmington State Sen. Thom Goolsby (Rep.) because some time ago, he was after the academic policies of UNC Chapel Hill that allowed athletes to graduate uneducated. Some months ago, I accused the wealthy Kenans of NOT PAYING ATTENTION to this problem, but it is WIDESPREAD through academia – and frankly, I think Goolsby primarily wants to use this to get more education-hating Republicans on various UNC Boards.


3.      Yesterday’s most impressive thing seen on CNN was Don Lemon’s final words at the end of his handling Erin Burnett’s show while she’s on maternity leave.



I’m not certain Erin should return to her position. She lures Liberals by her displayed empathy and passion, but in the end supports Republican positions illogically – like Piers Morgan used to do ALL THE TIME, and Anderson Cooper-Vanderbilt too, although Anderson has gotten much better, recently. For more on this, please see: http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2013/10/after-cnns-dramatic-nazi-showdown-last.html .



But what was so impressive last night, was Don Lemon gave the BEST advocacy words I’ve ever heard – passionately and honestly – related to the Thug Baby Thing. The only problem I was having was that he started off saying, “OK, let’s assume the cops are racist . . . “ which was NOT his position, so I got confused when he too quickly morphed to his own point of view. I think that technique is better IN PRINT, but Don would have been fine with some improved timing to his delivery of that transition.


4.      BTW, after HuffPost reported that FOX NEWS has been doing everything to MINIMIZE the ramifications of “BridgeGate”, I checked them late yesterday afternoon and answered their quiz asking if the Gov. Christie will be harmed by the scandal. Tossing out “Don’t knows”, the proportion of those choosing NO was about 65% to 35% who think he will be harmed – AMAZING!!! I also noticed their headline claiming that the IRS-against-Tea-Party-groups scandal – which might well have SOME truth to it but NEVER REALLY DEVELOPED FAR EVEN BEFORE IT WAS REPORTED, is being marketed as that the Obama Admin is just WAITING a little while to TAKE THEM DOWN soon enough.

This is ABSURD, because too many are watching. They could NOT get away with that now and NO ONE has actually established deep political connections to what DID happen – at least not yet.

Republicans would be WISE to quietly distance themselves from Christie and let him try to keep his job for the rest of his term – then he can RESURRECT the role left by the late James Gandolfini for NEW EPISODES of the Sopranos. I’ve had a lot to say about this and related matters, and here is a place to start reading about THAT: http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2013/12/quite-frankly-i-earned-hangover-last.html



>>> THE JOB THAT IS ALWAYS HIRING is SALES!!!:

And EVERYONE is willing to hire GOOD TALENT even when they HAVE good talent, because as my former boss at www.pentagon-usa.com, Patrick Stansbury always declared, “NOTHING in business happens until someone SELLS SOMETHING,” and that is totally TRUE (and true of Life in general, as well). Although I ALWAYS seem to be criticizing Patrick, I learned more about LIFE – or at least the REAL WORLD and SALES from him than from anyone else. I ought to do a posting just HONORING his best.

I came to work for him right after I’d lost an entire half year in and out of jail in 1990, a consequence of trying to do the right thing and report the drugs flowing in and out of Stone Mountain Park. And I knew NOTHING of how my father had already befriended his employee Lee Gosney, WELL, and later, realized that my soon meeting Richard Nixon’s top aide, John Erhlichman, twice, was because he TOO was involved in Patrick “stealing” Collegiate Concepts, Inc., and beginning Pentagon Publishing. But despite the illegal side of the company, the selling of ad space in all the yearbooks and some alumni journals for all the Service Academies and War Colleges was entirely legal and honorable – if SOME techniques verged on extortion (and once in my witness, CROSSED THAT LINE).

I was in NO-SELF-ESTEEM-HELL when I began to work there, but given all my legal troubles and jail time, I was AFRAID to answer questions about my career path if I tried to get another job in restaurant/bar management. I also had a left-over Hippie attitude of hatred of the military when more correct would have been hatred of the decisions of politicians regarding Vietnam. I KNEW that I had to support myself, so threw myself into it with VERY hard work – calling more people and giving literal canned pitches written by Patrick, while couched in FEAR that someone would question me about anything outside the prepared responses to objections I already had.



Can now be read here for FREE: http://laterdaysoftennesseewilliams.blogspot.mx .


I did OK – and impressed everyone with my work ethic. It took YEARS (until I was well into writing my memoir of working for Tennessee Williams – the thing that restored my self-esteem), for me to RELAX and RELATE to those I tried to sell. My last couple of years saw big improvements in my sales, and in fact, 2009, the year I found out late March that Alyson Books would sign me to contract and then April through the August actual contract-signing I was VERY distracted from advertising sales – and I was PROMISED by Don Weise, now of his own http://www.magnusbooks.com/ that mine would be the FEATURED April 2010 hard-cover release, non-fiction, of THIRTY BOOKS then to be released, AND, my agent, Cynthia Zigmund had the interests of the producers of LIKE SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS, the ENTIRE franchise of HARRY POTTER films – and then legendary producer Scott Rudin, even.




Sean Blackwell, his wife Ligia Splendora, and me goofing on a sculpture in the lobby of Sao Paulo’s most modern hotel, September 2009.


These were VERY HEADY DAYS for me, and I thought I REALISTICALLY saw a new life beginning with BOOK TOUR and morphing to PUBLIC SPEAKER on Tennessee Williams, at least. Complicating things additionally, was my involvement with Sean Blackwell (a TORONTO Canadian legally surnamed McAllister – and later I learned him to be a secret CRACK addict), who lived with his wife in Sao Paulo, Brazil – Sean’s incredible work on understanding/healing BIPOLAR ILLNESS without drugs is EXCELLENT, and we really got into great discussions, me traveling to Brazil for a week to spend with them. Unfortunately, Christal Presley (my Atlanta nemesis and Sean Hannity of FOX NEWS’s close friend), QUICKLY befriended Sean via LINKED-IN, told him a gazillion lies, and ruined our friendship, which Sean has NO INTEREST – even now – in getting past. I DO recommend nearly all his videos and his book – except that he is TOTALLY AGAINST marijuana, mysteriously, since a little DOES relax me better than medical drugs. See: www.BipolarOrWakingUp.com .

And also remember that Sean makes nearly nothing from his work and book sales. He and Ligia have been supported in their Spartan but luxury high-rise condo for about 10 years now by Ligia’s brother, a Republican INVESTMENT BANKER who made a HUGE FORTUNE in New York. Ligia with her brother:




In any case, I GREW MY SALES during the toughest years of 2008 and 2009, and in fact (since I actually did NOTHING except try to sell old accounts again after July, 2009 and put LITTLE time or energy into it as I prepared for a WHOLE NEW LIFE), I accused Patrick Stansbury of PADDING my 1099 for the year. I had NO IDEA I had actually sold over 75% as much as the previous year, basically by the end of August.

MY POINT BEING that if anyone as much a MESS as I was most of that time can GET GOOD at sales, ANYONE who can GET OUT OF THEIR INSECURITIES can make it in sales – and there is LOTS OF MONEY in it!!! Think of all those helmet-haired ladies driving Pink Cadillacs for Mary Kay Cosmetics in the 1970s and 1980s. I always SCOFFED at them – but REALLY, Mary Kay gave women POWER and MONEY when few others gave them much at all!!!


YOU make YOUR LIFE happen – no one ELSE will!!!


Scott





.

No comments:

Post a Comment