Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!: CNN Women Heat Up on the Icy “Ag-ray” – Atlanta Men-Folk: HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!! (Includes bonus parallel non-mobility situation in Tropical Puerto Vallarta.)


This is Eduardo Lalo, and the photo that came up when, still with no home Internet, I searched my photos for CNN images. In 2008 or 09, Eduardo, who is from Chile, was an intern at CNN International in Atlanta – and I dated him. He once road out an ice storm in my bed. That’s all (except Larry King agrees with me: if CNN keeps avoiding reporting actual NEWS, they should just run old cartoons to improve their ratings).




>>> LATE ADDED NOTE: My home internet is now repaired and working, so YES, VIRGINIA, tomorrow IS another day (code scarlett). And I just learned that even though Google and other search engines claim to PICK UP new internet content within a week at most so people can search for it, then, Google, Bing, etc. DID THIS for my first blog but NO ONE finds this new blog using US-based search engines, although foreign ones DO find it.

I might have to keep MASS EMAILING until this is resolved and the CIA allows me to be FOUND.


1.      At 12:15 PM, yesterday, Atlanta Interstates were flowing normally – and at 12:39 PM, the Interstate Highways all showed to be clogged. The storm had been predicted to hit worse farther south, but when it came, precipitation fell far more quickly than any similar event (Atlanta getting usually 1 – 4 ice storms per year, most years I lived there 1983 – 2010), than any that I remember – and TYPICALLY, ice storms in Atlanta don’t get highway-icy until late afternoon, which everyone just assumes will happen – despite yesterday’s colder temps.

Atlanta is as auto-dependent as Los Angeles – with similar traffic problems, many living 20 – 30 miles outside the city, so the low number of accidents with serious injuries is amazing, and the rest of the troubles of getting people home gave all a chance to ENJOY AND HELP THEIR NEIGHBORS.


The event was just MAGNIFIED, but very typical for that part of Georgia.


2.      The female Heads on CNN are MAD AS HELL, and are NOT going to let this pass until SOMEONE GOES TO THE GUILOTINE!!! The reporter-type females and generally all the males (and the people who called with stories of being/having been stuck), are taking it in normal stride – despite the extent of the mayhem.


3.      MY digestion:

A.    This situation was in “full crazies” by 2:00 or 3:00 PM, but CNN gave it little but cursory coverage up until AFTER the President spoke at 9:00 PM, and I don’t know when they actually switched from digestion of the Prez’s speech to coverage of Atlanta. So CNN is guilty of giving it little attention THEN, and HYPER-MAD-WIMIN OFF-WITH-THEIR-HEADS coverage NOW, completely IGNORING all other stories of note, even morning-after digestion of Obama’s words – their specialty.

B.     ‘Nuff said – this is a COMPLETE FAIL on CNN’s part, and an exceptional convergence of things that has temporarily paralyzed Atlanta – mostly due to it being so AUTO-DEPENDENT.


This TOO will pass.


  



4.      Down here in the tropical rain-forest of Puerto Vallarta, now dry for the winter, the weather truly could not be more lovely, BUT, this mostly humid weather causes the tiny thin wires of land-line phone connections (exact same type as in the USA), to corrode ALL THE TIME, but not KNOWING THAT, I assumed it was “the Hackers”, who DO also give me problems -- and this wiring problem having been fixed in my house 11 months ago, without correct explanation to me so I understood how lines deteriorate here, is what is mostly behind my deteriorated-until-completely-gone Internet connection, the interior wires now checked by my landlord’s tech, the problem is outside with TelMex’s wires.

So easy enough to solve, but COMMUNICATION with the TELEPHONE COMPANY has been the NEW problem – due to the fact that there is virtually NO WAY to call the land-line company except on a land line, telephone dialing in Mexico (especially on land-lines), requires a PhD to perform. My neighbors-whom-I-know have only cell phones, so I got my landlord to call – and I have been waiting for service since noon yesterday, a second call placed by landlord this morning due to TelMex usually taking care of repair calls the same day.

TelMex has my cell number now and landlord said they would call within a few minutes – but that was two hours ago, now – LOL – Mexican Time!!! But God Bless CNN, I just turned them on and FINALLY they found some other news to report (however, this lasted only a couple of minutes).


5.      I called Mom today to see how Raleigh did (two inches of fine snow and deep cold), but we had a lot of fun reminiscing about how much fun snow and Southern ice storms can be – and how it brings out the best in everyone, Mom’s neighbors having come over and shoveled my parents’ steep drive.


6.      The President made his case well last night, and he seemed ENCOURAGED about moving forward. He said nothing meaningful about the CIA/NSA problem, but as I’ve said, something of this size and type (including protection of rogue Government running Worldwide Hard-Drug Trafficking), cannot be publicly talked about – especially with four living Presidents having facilitated it. Only now are reports beginning to surface of the NSA/CIA having harassed anyone like they have harassed me.


And as I’ve said, I am laying off all this stuff unless I have more attacks, so I do NOT expect to be mass emailing anymore except to announce major events in my progress forward to law suits and/or writing. I leave you with the first photo taken with my new camera of last night’s sunset – not spectacular, but I’m STUCK WAITING FOR THE PHONE COMPANY, so my photography SHOULD get more interesting as my mobility imporves or improves, depending.


Scott






.

No comments:

Post a Comment