Friday, January 3, 2014

Who Drove That Truck That Hit Me Last Night – Any Ideas???


Well, this Mom probably felt she was hit by a truck TOO, although it was more likely the Chicago Drug Mafia protecting Barack Obama.



1.      I awoke this morning just aching all over due to the stress of having this computer invaded substantially, yet it is showing NO ill effects (since leaving that “CIA WiFi” as the Paradise Village employee put it), of the over 100,000 files I picked up via the WiFi by the US Consulate yesterday – it performed FLAWLESSLY in a restaurant with WiFi, hours later. Contributing to the “truck hit” was that the extraction of my wisdom tooth got complicated when the crown broke off and the dentist worked for about 45 minutes to get the two roots out, both being curved and Scott-proportionally LONG.

Now, I do have to say that the extraction process played out in a running Mexican “JA-JA Festival” (J is pronounced as H here, and this is how they spell laughter – NOT to be confused with a German agreement-festival). This dentist, a five-foot-tall (at most), woman of about 50 – 55 years (and delightfully plump, including full breasts), I completely trusted – even knowing that Falconer’s suggestion that I might need an oral surgeon was quite realistic (although odd, considering that Falconer had no idea of the HISTORY of my tooth – but he can be a worry-wart). You see, my dentist of many years in Georgia, Todd Afferica, DDS, did much work like this over many years, we only LATER discovering that caries and gum rot are a NORMAL side effects of Lithium, the only lasting ones I really experienced other than deterioration of circulation and nerves in my feet.

What was different with Dr. Todd was that he’s about 6’ 4”, and played football for Duke (seriously harming his back), before finishing his dental education at UNC, Chapel Hill – you CANNOT get more “Kenan-educated” than THAT!!!

Besides our running humor-fest last night, to brace herself, she stood firmly against the chair, which caused one of her boobs to flatten across my right face-cheek for nearly the entire time. And while this was in no way sexual, I felt absolutely CHARMED by the fabulous FEEL of that thang – it was like “Earth Mama is protecting you – Praise Jesus!!!”

And then when I asked about temporary restrictions during initial healing, I thought that since it came out of my jaw instead of roots poking through to upper sinuses like my uppers had all done, that there would be FEWER, but she first said, “No sex for YOU for a few days – NO SUCKING!!!”

And after I explained that THAT would not be a change of behavior (not sure how she knew – except that Florida remained quiet while my face was boob-pressed), she said no smoking or straw-sucking, either, for two days. BTW, the cost was 800 pesos total, or about $61.54 USD, plus five dollars covered the effective NSAIDS and antibiotics.

When I got to my car, parked on a street busy with busses in both directions and cars as well, my tire was completely flat. As previously reported, I assumed Drug Mafia had let out the air, but driving home after nearly crawling under the car in the dark and in my condition of NOT being allowed to stress my body to find the grooves for the jack to line up with, I changed it without incident – except I managed to RIP the scab off one of the two warts I’d had burned off my right hand and THAT was smarting like crazy. But I soon regained my rational mind, so after blogging and emailing, stopped to re-inflate the tire at a Pemex gas station, only to find that there was what has PROVED to be a knife stab to the tire’s sidewall – and too big to repair.

I once got a similar but larger gash from rebar poking out of a pot hole, but this new hole exhausted the air in about five seconds when we inflated it, and the busy street I’d travelled on was smooth (for cobbles), and my tire-pressure idiot light never came on.

So I determined to buy rolling papers to roll a LOOSIE that took muy poquito suck action to draw, only to learn that unlike the OXXO chain of C-stores, Coca-Cola, Mexico-owned KIOSKO does NOT sell papers or pipes, and was directed to the nearby liquor store that did. And in the end, I broke off the filter before smoking cigarettes – as I had done years ago causing nary a “dry socket”.


NO PROBLEMO!!!


2.      There IS no two – I will wax political (or similar), in the next posting.


Scott

.

No comments:

Post a Comment