Friday, July 4, 2014

More Trouble from Grammar Scofflaws (generally, Conservative Christians -- but NOT all of them)!!!


This IS correctly written (best I can tell) -- if a tetch awkward to read.


Betty Bowers created it:


Happy 4th of July to everyone in the only country God cares about! A verse from my video Histories of America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSzZpVFZ2zw


>>> THIS POSTING WAS INSPIRED BY AN OVERNIGHT EMAIL, that I will address later, but FIRST:


1.
  • Kimball Rogers
    Kimball Rogers
    I'm just going to need to apply Psalm 1 to you.
  • Scott Kenan
    Scott Kenan
    Kimball, you crack me up!!! I just read the beautiful Psalm 1. It is a declaration of truth -- not a poultice to be applied by a witch doctor -- or even a well-meaning Christian!!! And it describes my healing life since I got more in line with the Attributes of God (Love, Reason, and leaving Judgement to God), so I KNOW it is truth as it operates STRONGLY in my life.
  • That said, I must also tell you that I know many even of Fundamentalist or Evangelical Christians who have studied all these matters seriously and live by what Jesus taught. Too many OTHERS of that type so disrespect God that they abuse language -- the first and most important tool God gave humans to communicate correctly. While a person's use of poor or good grammar does not save or condemn them (and of course we all DO make some errors), it indicates their ability to prioritize goals and think logically. People who do not use good grammar do not care enough to think logically -- and for those uneducated on grammar for whatever reason, there are many books on the subject and it is easy and fast to learn.
  • Now, beginning with you, I deliberately went out to try to find common ground with conservatives -- and was able to find a lot, BUT, what has happened is that most of those people have since then been busy posting hateful things on Facebook, and my communications with them has changed my Facebook algorithm of how Facebook displays things on my page, so that NOW, I have tons of FAKE Christians spewing hateful things in the name of Jesus (I don't mean you as much as some others) all over my Facebook feed, and I don't need that distraction -- as you know, I love to argue, HA!!! 
  • So, to continue to expose corruption of BOTH political parties, the Catholic and Episcopal Churches, especially, I am going to not block, but un-friend those who can't respect themselves enough to use the common American-English grammar the nuns would have rapped our knuckles for infractions of in fifth grade, if anyone DARED abuse the English language like so many do today. Without correct grammar, it is like measuring to bake a cake with no clue to tell the difference between one and half cup, and the fractions of table- and teaspoons. I realize a lot of people have now been home-schooled by people barely half-literate, and that is a lot of the problem.
  • Anyway, I continue to wish you the best, and hope you won't take this personally.
  • Scott
  • (When I went to un-friend Kimball, I found she had already un-friended me -- LOL!!!)




2.

Happy 4th from our family to yours!


Scott Kenan Happy 4th to you too, Elizabeth!!! Remember, there is a REASON you got the JFK Profile in Courage Award -- and a reason I promised Jackie Kennedy Onassis I would one day get President Kennedy's REVENGE, while I was working for Tennessee Williams and she told us privileged info. It seems that you and I have work to do cleaning up S.E. North Carolina, so I will always have your back. My blog: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com

scottkenan.blogspot.com


3.

Dam hurricane — at Star-News. (I guess this means Justin now works for the WILMINGTON STAR NEWS -- or has "inside access" there -- and just like Elizabeth Redenbaugh's Facebook thread above, MANY others commented, here, things like, "Oh no!" or "I'll be over in the morning with my chainsaw to help!")



Scott Kenan Who knew that Justin LaNasa (besides his other talents) lives in a Halloween-colored house!!! At least the damage does not appear much worse than Brian Berger breaking into your bedroom and dragging out your weapons cache, no???
14 hours ago · Like · 1

Scott Kenan Hunny, that's a PINE TREE, so only burn it with oak (or similar), or creosote builds up in stack and can catch (including house) on FIRE!!! (Some woman saw this as a boon for next winter firewood -- I'm sure Justin knows the dangers of burning pine, but maybe not ALL the readers of his thread.)
13 hours ago · Like · 1

Scott Kenan The house colors are coordinated with the root colors, the sort of clever thing homosexualists (such as myself), truly appreciate!!!

Interesting to note that of the forty or so comments now on this thread, only the first two of mine were "Liked" by anyone!!!


* * *


>>> EXCERPT FROM AN EMAIL TO A NORTH CAROLINIAN LIVING IN PUERTO VALLARTA:


On top of everything, today I sent my Windows 8 computer (FAR FASTER than Windows 7 -- and while tricky to learn, an improvement), to my computer doctor. In fact I have found nearly everything our group's members warned me about 8 NOT to be true). Both the operating system and Office Professional 2010 that the Official Toshiba Repair (here in Vallarta), installed after specifically saying they could NOT install more than the operating system -- all they were responsible for (the keyboard stopped working after a month -- warranty work) -- have suddenly after ten months begun telling me they must be REGISTERED, or will STOP WORKING in four more days, but I can't register them without special GROUP access keys meant for big group sales and since THIS Windows 8 is actually half in English, half in Spanish and keeps offering to UPGRADE to Windows 8.1, but does not allow me to do that either, I figured spending $50 to wipe it all and install REAL STUFF was worth it.

And given all of THAT, I suppose my comments on W-8 are meaningless, since what I had was so strange.

Next, Colin's report came in, and it sounds good, but his Brit way of excoriating Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (Treacle Dee and Treacle Dum), will mean NOTHING to the American Christians, but I'm glad he's standing up to them and I intend to let them have a few pieces of my mind as well (very sharp ones), at the first opportunity that presents itself -- realizing that they will listen more to ME because they ONLY care about who is bigger and stronger. I'm non-violent, but am not above giving them the impression that I could be violent.

Anyway, after my evening nap and these various events, I feel TOTALLY DISCOMBOBULATED tonight, and think you might be right that I should quit cigs totally and get lost in a bag of smokin'-hot pot. Don't suppose you could use a REFRESHER . . . LOL!!!

Forgive my excesses -- I know not what I do. That said, this happens to me in rare times just before important BREAK-THROUGHS of understanding, so actually, I look forward to my NEXT SURPRISE.

I hope it is not a Mexican jail term for altercations with The Jaw and the Saved Dentist . . .

Scott




Whew -- there's a hole in the clouds.
This gorgeous photo was featured on News 4 at 5 p.m. today as our Social Picture of the Day. More beautiful NYC photos http://4.nbcny.com/yufhItu

Send us your photos and we might use them online or on air! Share them here: http://4.nbcny.com/8fN66LG

Photo credit: @albapro/Instagram






.

No comments:

Post a Comment