Sunday, August 17, 2014

Call Me Hubert Humphrey . . .


Hubert Humphrey, called "The Happy Warrior", was Lyndon Johnson's Vice President -- and seems to have no MEME (or whatever they are called), showing him with that title.


And then there are the truly God-Hating Democrats (not just Republicans):





But let us not forget the Republicans:








OK, he said this first.


But there is ONE REPUBLICAN whom I'd stake my life on




Jennifer Harjo, Chief Public Defender, New Hanover County Courts, Wilmington, North Carolina.


I've actually sort of done that and LIVED TO TELL!!!


And tell . . .




>>> QUICKLY, NOW:

1.


LikeLike ·  · Promote · 


2.


No wonder I love Mexico so much -- color TV was invented here, and I dreamed in black and white until we got a color TV in my dream, but at first, only it was in color. Soon all my dreams were full color. I preferred RCA TVs back then.
LikeLike ·  · Promote · 


3.





>>> AND THIS MORNING, THERE WAS MORE IN THE MAILBAG:



Hi Thomas,


What a surprise -- not your message, but Gerry & The Pacemakers singing "You Never Walk Alone", a song that seems to have played in the background my entire life without my really noticing it. I used to get all misty-eyed over their "Ferry Cross the Mersey", which defined "slow songs" for slow dancing and getting as awkward as possible in junior high -- LOL!!!


Scott


On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Thomas wrote:



Thanks for the info friend! Alex seems to have a private practice now. Her name came up with a search and a few good referrals. You had a picture that pulled up your blog. 

Your comment on the amount of writing and it's relation to bipolar made me laugh a bit. I had no idea it was considered a symptom of bipolar in the '70s. I guess guys like Jack Kerouac and his buddies would have been in trouble if they were born a little later ;) Too much painting, too much composing....you get the picture :) 

I don't know too much about politics in Georgia. I'm new here. Have family here - actually in the Highlands too. I know the TAP. My fam likes it. 

Hope you are well. Thank you so much. 

Warm regards,

Thomas 


YNWA




* * *


Hey Testo,

Actually, I've seen nothing indicating that Alexandra Whiddon has gotten a doctorate -- and I'm not sure which meds she can prescribe with her credentials -- but I believe it might be some.

You are correct in calling her almost unbelievably tacky, and if you could see up close that painting on her wall (and others she had hanging in her office at PACT-ATL), they are the kind of thing that parents love if their young child produced -- but that get hidden away as soon as the child won't notice you are doing that. She's just not at all sensitive to creativity, which explains her poor dress.

And while I'd rather kill myself than show myself like that in public, there are TONS OF PEOPLE (perhaps mostly white and Christian -- Republicans, if you will), who need to have someone like Alex prescribe one med after another (and complain about not being able to find a good health-care professional), and it just takes them a couple of decades to WAKE UP and realize they are taking the wrong route.

But for REALLY un-awake people, they need someone smart and caring like Alex to medicate them -- self-awareness won't work. And I'm NOT ragging on Thomas. It is very clear that he is  sensitive and intelligent and caring. He even knows a good bit about the Arts. One shoe DOES NOT FIT ALL -- that's all.

But here is ANOTHER perspective: If you read any of Alex's website, she is pioneering "Telepsychiatry" (psychiatry via Skype and emails, etc.), and while I can see many benefits of such a thing, what if you end up attracting all the PERVS??? They dress professionally (or at least semi-decently -- they ARE mentally ill, ya know), up top -- but have nothing on at all below the equator.




Worse: Imagine it is that hirsute "no-neck monster" from CNN, Jeffrey Toobin -- he's rumored to like fisting women (that's going back to about 2008, though), but then maybe Alexandra is the SEX-CRAZED MAMA (although I would not bet my money on THAT). Bottom line for me is her charges that I would not be willing to pay unless she GUARANTEED success, which no one in the chemistry side of psychiatry will EVER do -- they know it's more an Art than a Science -- and poor Alex isn't artistic at all. $200.00 for a continuing consultation probably SHOULD include at least a popped nipple -- wouldn't you agree???

Still, there are people who are a perfect match for that kind of therapy from that kind of person, so I try not to judge too much.

Have you watched the DVD of the movie SORDID LIVES in which Dr. Eve Bolinger shows far more than that to de-homosexualize Earl "Brother Boy" Ingram???



I'd bet my bottom dollar (but not Danny Sinatra's father-in-law, "Confederate" Dollar), that Alexandra Whiddons would not attempt "Conversion Therapy"



Scott


On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Testosteroni wrote:




Dr. Whiddon is SO tacky--that green jacket over a red and black blouse, that orange throw behind her, that unprofessional hair style. Yuck!






.

No comments:

Post a Comment