Monday, August 4, 2014

Learning Another Lesson . . .





>>> AN EMAIL JUST SENT, SOMEWHAT EXPANDED:


Hi Friend,

I couldn't wait until I might see you next Saturday and we might have a chance to talk. I'm spending too much time having imaginary conversations with imaginary you -- and your emails are not detailed enough for understanding or peace of mind. 

There is no real disturbance of the peace between us that I see or feel, but we have totally different senses of time, and in many ways live in different worlds. I have had threats to my life in Puerto Vallarta just a couple of hours after writing incendiary true things about the States -- but not in nearly a year now -- after four years of constantly having to look over my shoulder for those trying to harm me, and I'm learning to relax some. 

I feel like my writing and perhaps lecturing/performing re: Tennessee Williams will make a whole new major career for me (once I clear that false conviction in Chicago -- which is a daunting task to do with no money and stuck in Mexico), but until then, I cannot use banking, really, as they can get orders to take up to half a million of my earnings or wealth. I think you are more like an actual retired person, whose writing might become something more public or published. Nearly all in writers group are hobbyists -- and some are damn good ones. But if we were serious writers, NO ONE would have allowed anyone not up to 8th grade grammar to open their mouth there (until they fixed that, one of the the very FOUNDATIONS of writing).

But here is the error I have made: because you ARE a real person and have experience with so many things North Carolina, and because you are fairly long removed from North Carolina, I thought that I could use your first name and it would not cause you any actual problems, but as I've used you to illustrate some points, I've also represented you in ways you would rather control. North Carolinians are born and bred to be secretive -- more so than people anywhere else I've ever lived BY FAR.

"Ancestral Home of the Kenans" http://www.libertyhallnc.org/


Strangely, I just listened to the online audio tour at Liberty Hall -- a newish feature -- and it AND the text tour both state that Thomas Kenan's wife, Elizabeth (Johnston) Kenan, was the sister of Colonial Governor Gabriel Johnston, but in the updated-by-Marie D. DeLamar (then the world's top genealogist), 1999 edition of the book THE KENAN FAMILY (Mercer University Press), on page 5 is stated:

"Thomas Kenan married Elizabeth Johnstone ("e" was dropped after emigrating to America), before coming to this country. Some believe her to be the daughter of Capt. John Johnstone and his wife Elizabeth (Belcheir) Johnstone (who were the parents of Carolina Colonial Governor Gabriel Johnston). There has been no primary evidence found to prove or document this other than the "letter to Suzannah" which is at most secondary evidence and most likely family tradition. Later research has located several sources that give strong indication that she is not their daughter."

The Kenan Family's claim of direct descent from the Stuart monarchs of Scotland, two Magna Carta Sureties, a lot of Dukes of Normandy, and further back through Charlemagne, rested on this blood connection that DID NOT EXIST.


Why is the wealthy branch of the Kenan Family continuing to perpetrate this myth???



"Live Life to the Fullest"


This coat of arms was introduced in 1967 when the first edition of the book was published. I believe the Kenan Family had it made up then. The colors and symbols make it the STRONGEST coat of arms I have ever seen, and I have never been able to find it elsewhere -- in fact I was first to put it on the internet in 2009 or thereabout. Here is the coat of arms or family crest -- the ONLY one found elsewhere:




The wealthy Kenans are GOOD MARKETERS!!!


* * *


ALL my privacy was stripped so that two days after I was twice in two weeks barred from entering Liberty Hall in 2011 (there really was no reason from my words and actions for being banned and the Sheriff who came the second time to explain was very apologetic about a couple of hysterical women, whom he said would settle down in about a week so I should return then), a poster was OPENLY hung at Good Shepherd Center (feeding and shelter for homeless, where I never attempted to stay, but took some meals), "WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE: SCOTT KENAN" with large pic of my face and some more about how I was so crazy my own family wanted me in jail or the nut house -- and that I was even BARRED from Liberty Hall twice by the Kenan Family. Since I had told no one of that, for it to get around like that -- SIXTY MILES AWAY -- showed some serious organization on someone's part.

Anyway, I assume and trust you have never had to go through such things, but the four years of constant threats has warped me and I am gradually relaxing out of the warp -- I hope.

But the real problem is that there is now confusion between you-the-actual-man and you-the-literary-character in my blog. I now see that was NOT a wise way to use you in writing. I'm not even going to use that hypothetical character again, but I'd had in mind trying to show the trappings of wealth in Wilmington that used to be flaunted, but now are more secretive, and of course THINK I remember something of your family and a major railroad line. 

Anyway, forget it. You might show up in writers group reports, but no more as connected to all that stuff in NC. And you have enough on your mind at home, now.

I hope I've made some sense, and I will post this too as I think there's a lesson others might get from it as well.

Scott

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM, A Friend wrote:


You're over-reacting/ We'll talk about it soon. No harm, I was just trying to clarify. 

Pasta linguini,
A Friend


SEE for previous: http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2014/08/the-lord-giveth-and-lord-taketh-away.html





.

No comments:

Post a Comment