Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Overnight, Puerto Vallarta Has Become the CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE (and a tetch-bit North Carolinian) -- CONGRATULATE Us!!!








>>> MORE ON THAT SOON, but first, THIS!!!:


1. I was SHOCKED to find this morning that yesterday's posting, largely about my Kenan Family, got HUGE HITS, when I thought there would be little interest.

2. Puerto Vallarta is going to get PASSENGER TRAIN SERVICE -- no line ever run here before because the geologically active mountains that enclose us would be too expensive to tunnel and trestle through. This train, currently running Guadalajara to Tequila, will expand from both ends to include San Miguel del Allende and Puerto Vallarta, and will be built by a Service Foundation of Jose Cuervo Tequila!!!


They are taking their EXCESS PROFITS from my former tequilla-guzzling stage to build it. They should name it for ME!!!


Passenger Train service to come to Puerto Vallarta -- and I've always heard the geography is too complicated to run a train line without spending the National Treasury. But the tequila-maker is up to it -- LOL!!!

The José Cuervo Express train from Guadalajara to the town of Tequila is preparing to extend further to include train service in Puerto Vallarta
VALLARTADAILY.COM
LikeLike ·  · 


2. As a REMINDER, there are TWO places to get an Emergency US Passport in Mexico if yours is lost or stolen:


As I just left comment, this can be done at Guadalajara US Consulate, too, in one day. And I used my "original quality" Ohio birth certificate -- and probably my drivers license to photographically identify myself. The birth cert does not show my 6' 11" self!!!

Advice on what to do if you lose your passport in Mexico, from someone lived through the experience.
VALLARTADAILY.COM
LikeLike ·  · 


>>> OK, SO I GOT UP THIS MORNING AND FOUND THAT DEL SHORES WILL BE HERE . . .


Truth be told, although I was Tennessee Williams' last assistant, I have watched the movie SORDID LIVES MORE than any movie of Tennessee's plays, and I KNOW I should be ashamed to admit that.


Oh LOOK -- Danny Mininni, a principal of Act II Entertainment directed a version of the play here in Puerto Vallarta, previously!!!




And of course this movie was where I FIRST fell in love with Wilmington, NC actor (and Democratic Party activist), Beth Grant, who pals around with Wilmington resident (until the Drug Mafia living in the William Rand Kenan, Senior house on Nunn Street forced her to move back to New York -- as I have blogged many times), Linda Lavin.

To clarify, I should say that my Facebook feed shows the two of them doing lots of things together SINCE Linda moved back to New York.


Beth Grant in SORDID LIVES


Well, the first thing I did was get on the horn to New York, calling Testosteroni, to declare I might just sign papers making myself a SLAVE FOR LIFE to Del Shores, but with luck, I'll come more to my senses by opening night -- and just volunteer to help Danny Mininni with his theater -- I'm real good at stuffing email boxes!!! 

Readers will recall that when the Puerto Vallarta Writers Group began meeting in the Red Room there, I met Danny, briefly, and he said that perhaps I might write a PLAY that they could put on there -- he didn't know me well enough to be seriously interested, then, but at least he's an ENCOURAGING GUY!!!



We'll see what happens . . .


But there is actually MORE!!!:



santaland-diaries


Today, Act II Entertainment announced their 2014 - 2015 season, and David Sedaris , a native of Raleigh, North Carolina, was my FAVORITE writer about 20 years ago -- and that when I was "serially North Carolina style tricking" (google to see where I blogged about that "style"), with artist David Terry of Durham, NC -- now known as the "Truman Capote of North Carolina" -- and I DID know the original Truman and documented his INSULT to Jacqueline (Kennedy) Onassis at Jean Stein and George Plimpton's January 11, 1982 party.


You can read about it (and the rest of my Tennessee Williams memoir, WALKING ON GLASS -- aka "Consuming Broken Glass"), here: http://laterdaysoftennesseewilliams.blogspot.mx/2013/10/chapter-23-uptown-soiree.html


ACT II ENTERTAINMENT'S new season!!!http://www.vallartadaily.com/puerto-vallartas-act-ii-stages-announced-2014-2015-season-lineup/

The theater's own website is not yet updated.



And you SEE, our writers group is very North Carolina influenced, with two of us (Stanley and me, Stanley being dedicated enough to be collating our annual Anthology), actually having real roots there, but everyone's FAVORITE Romantic Historian (and Catholic Church apologist), Roseangelica, sent her daughter to UNC Chapel Hill for her education (in theater) -- and I even made "Robin-the-Writer" an Honorary North Carolinian, back when I was still trying to get into his pants -- which I have CERTAINLY now given up!!!





(Or CONFUSE them, taking one for the other.)



But Robin REMAINS a North Carolinian -- as a memento of having had that sad experience (of being bugged by me -- rather than "buggered").




With the running of the new passenger rail line to Puerto Vallarta, our anthology's title will take on NEW MEANING -- and wouldn't you KNOW, Stanley's family were once RICHER THAN CROESUS, (but perhaps not Kenan), they owning much of the old Atlantic Coast Line Railroad that helped make Wilmington, North Carolina so wealthy.


And Stanley is blood-related to Betty (Price) Kenan, the widow of Frank Hawkins Kenan:




Betty Kenan in center; her step-son Thomas S. Kenan III on right. (You just KNOW that is "good crystal".)



And wouldn't you know it #2, this new train will connect to San Miguel del Allende, where Stanley and his wife first lived in Mexico.


The UNIVERSE thanks Senior Stanley (just because he's Stanley) -- hop aboard the train of fun and gratitude and see how God blesses YOU!!!



Scott



.

No comments:

Post a Comment