Saturday, February 14, 2015

Tennessee Williams Opens at the Museum of Fine Arts in Havana, Cuba!!!




El Museo Nacional de La Habana acoge por primera vez una exposición de pinturas del reconocido dramaturgo estadounidense Tennessee Williams.

The National Museum of Havana hosts first exhibition of paintings by the renowned American playwright Tennessee Williams.



>>> IT IS BEYOND PATHETIC, that when I emailed this posting to my contacts, MOST came back blocked by the CIA/NSA, including the ones I sent myself!!!



>>> FIRST, I CAME TO A REALIZATION, and posted this:



I would like to apologize for forgetting that some people's Facebook Pages are more like fireplace mantels for the good photos and family's triumphs, etc. It has been five years since my life was like that at all, and no other of my Facebook friends use the service that way -- we all have vigorous debates and discuss any and everything, which is not in front of young kids -- because their kids don't go to the Mom or Dad's pages. So, with that I am deleting my earlier posting. Cheers to Steve, Debbie, and the extended Fretwells!!! Scott
Like · 


And while running errands this morning, I ran into the guy who once put me up on his floor for three days in 2010 -- until his wife ran me off with a butcher knife, for no known reason. And the last time I saw him, six months ago, he was broke -- but had left the wife after she tried murdering HIM with a butcher knife, too -- LOL!!!

Today, he was with his two kids and they all wore new clean clothes and looked very fit and healthy.

I also ran into Peter Hardy, a Canadian, whose Vallarta Bagels used to set up shop in Paradise Community Center, until it was closed some months ago. He's still a little sketchy with me, but given the people who associated with that place, it is no wonder. I doubt very much he's into narco-trafficking, but he's got some dough from somewhere to live as well as he does -- which might be his savings.



Paintings by Tennessee Williams for the First Time in Cuba

http://www.cubanews.ain.cu/culture/2465-paintings-by-tennessee-williams-for-the-first-time-in-cuba

Also: http://www.nacion.com/ocio/artes/Tennessee_Williams-arte-La_Habana-exposiciones_0_1469653094.html


Paintings by Tennessee Williams for the First Time in Cuba


HAVANA, Cuba, Feb 12 (acn) Four original paintings by famous U.S. playwright Tennessee Williams are on display for the first time in Cuba at the National Museum of Fine Arts (MNBA), in this capital.
Nance Frank, director of The Gallery on Greene, of Key West, told ACN that these pieces, the fruit of a not very well known facet of the great writer known by many as hurricane of passions, belong to private collectors and to the Tennessee Williams Foundation.
That center, she said, cooperates with the MNBA since 2013 in the project A Single Race, the second stage of which is the exhibition Tennessee Williams: playwright and painter.
She underlined that it's a great satisfaction, after over 50 years, to be able to carry out this joint cultural action as evidence of what the two nations can do together.
Frank also said that documents on the presence of Williams both in Cuba and Key West are exhibited.
Between 1947 and 1960 only, 15 pieces by the author of Un tranvía llamado deseo, Una gata sobre el tejado de zinc caliente, La noche de la Iguana, Zoológico de cristal or El dulce pájaro de la juventud, some of his iconic pieces, found among the best produced in 20th century theater, were performed on Cuban stages.
Tennessee Williams is the pseudonym with which Thomas Lanier Williams III (Columbus, Mississippi, March 26, 1911 – New York, February 25, 1983) went down in history –a playwright, novelist, script writer and also visual arts creator, considered to be one of the greatest 20th century literary authors of the United States and the world.

I left a comment which has not yet been reviewed, but was about like this: "As the last assistant to Tennessee Williams, I am THRILLED to see this, my first-seen evidence of cultural thaw between the USA and Cuba, and when I worked for Tennessee Williams, I knew his maid Leoncia McGee, who had previously worked for Ernest Hemingway, a greater friend to Cuba!!!"

And there was a place for website and I listed my blog.

Well, if Obama wants to get rid of me, I could go to Cuba to give a presentation on Tennessee Williams, and then NEVER be allowed back to the USA (except in jail), for sharing Government Secrets -- which I never stole from anyone, but observed family and friends to get them, instead.



Scott

.

No comments:

Post a Comment