Sunday, September 27, 2015

On This Christian Sabbath (Day of Rest), I Lay My Fight ("Mein Kampf" -- auf Deutsch), to REST (the broadcast emailing part).


This PERFECT scientific prayer ("The Lord's Prayer" or "Our Father" is Jesus's example of perfect scientific prayer -- as explained in detail in this blog years ago), is one I got off a blog associated with Science of Mind (God IS Infinite Mind fueled by Infinite Love), aka Religious Science, whose President, Dr. J. Kennedy Schultz was my TOP spiritual teacher in the mid to late 1980s at the Atlanta Church of Religious Science (now the Spiritual Living Center of Atlanta).


There, I also took a weekend intensive workshop with Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, whom Kennedy had brought in to give it.




Kennedy had ALSO been one of about ten Religious Leaders in the USA invited to walk the streets of Washington, DC with her, when Mother Teresa visited the United States, and loved to tell the story of how FABULOUSLY RICH the humble nun actually was -- since in Religious Science we learn that being WEALTHY means to be able to do WHAT you choose WHEN you choose -- and in the STYLE you choose -- which PERFECTLY describes the life of Mother Teresa!!!


As the perfect example of this, Kennedy related how only a few blocks from the US Capitol, Mother Teresa suddenly stopped and told her aide to buy a building right there for a homeless shelter -- which was obviously needed. Everyone was AGHAST!!! The property values in that area were BEYOND sky high, and she was just a humble nun living by Vow of Poverty.


But she repeated her command and they all, then, walked on -- a building soon enough bought and so used. You see, that God-Serving woman KNEW that God would somehow provide the ways and means for ANYTHING she correctly deemed needed.




I don't have Mother Teresa (like Kennedy did), except as great stories -- but I DO have Sister Mary Isaac Koenig and Father Bob Kus of St. Mary's Catholic, Wilmington, NC. And I've always LOVED that like me, Kennedy Schultz always properly honored the Roman Catholic faith of his youth.

And while I'm at it, I will again mention that even though he was nominally Episcopalian (or English Catholic, as Tennessee Williams often called it), the three times he went into unjustified (but real to him), panic over his immediately impending death, he ONLY wanted to speak with a Catholic Jesuit Priest.


Like POPE FRANCIS, no???


ANOTHER (quicker) illustration:


There was a farmer who grew excellent quality corn. Every year he won the award for the best grown corn. One year a newspaper reporter interviewed him and learned something interesting about how he grew it. The reporter discovered that the farmer shared his seed corn with his neighbors. “How can you afford to share your best seed corn with your neighbors when they are entering corn in competition with yours each year?” the reporter asked.
“Why sir,” said the farmer, “Didn’t you know? The wind picks up pollen from the ripening corn and swirls it from field to field. If my neighbors grow inferior corn, cross-pollination will steadily degrade the quality of my corn. If I am to grow good corn, I must help my neighbors grow good corn.”
So it is with our lives... Those who want to live meaningfully and well must help enrich the lives of others, for the value of a life is measured by the lives it touches. And those who choose to be happy must help others find happiness, for the welfare of each is bound up with the welfare of all...
Like   Comment   
,

"Amen" only means "and so it is" or "truly so". I wonder how many Christians even KNOW that.


>>> A QUICK STORY, THEN NOTES ON THE DEMOCRATIC DINNER:


Yesterday and the day before, two adult male tradesmen (both straight-behaving, white, one 55, the other about 33 years of age), did the work relocating power and water lines -- plus downsizing a cabinet with sink -- to make way for the brand new washer and dryer the landlady is having installed.

Bottom Line: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are NOT dead -- no matter WHAT Tom Stoppard might claim (and yes, I met Mr. Stoppard -- just in passing -- many years ago).

I have TOO much to type on a "Day of Rest", so EDUCATED people can just fill in the blanks, imaginatively, although I will tell you that the older guy had been a Presbyterian minister for twenty years before de-collaring himself, and they BOTH loved TOTAL SEX-TRASH-TALKING (both gay and straight subject matter, but NOT about the chicken hen and her male "husband" that everyone in the town next to me when I lived in Chacala, Nayarit, Mexico accepted as part of the diverse community).

As oft said by Gringos, "Well, if you can get an egg OUT, I suppose you could . . . "


My top personal goal for last night's dinner, was to apologize to County First Vice Chair Richard Poole for my "unnecessary roughness on the playing field", which by his elegantly succinct note emailed to me last night, later, I know that that worked!!!

And before I forget it, fully confident that I had the winning bid in silent auction on a sort of gonzo-painted skateboard platform (after I got the free ticket to the dinner, the Mad Hatter of Manhattan surprised me with a present, so I felt I COULD contribute the price of the dinner -- one way or another), I never checked back before it closed, and the ONE person I really wanted to meet (but had not yet), State Representative Susi Hamilton, had OUT-BID me by FIVE DOLLARS and WON IT!!!


So perfect (perhaps for her too), it was something to do with BOTH foot and mouth being TOO BIG.

So all I ended up spending was for two glasses of red wine in three hours, my glass slowly drunk because I TALKED INCESSANTLY (except with food in my mouth).

MOST of to whom and about what, I'll leave to readers' imaginations (or active Wilmington gossip).


>>> AND NOW THE THREE COOLEST THINGS OF THE EVENING (from different categories):


1. The statistics and OUTSIDE recognition of the IMPROVEMENT and IMPROVED EFFECTIVENESS of the New Hanover County Dems, is equally credited to the leadership of the Chair, Elizabeth Redenbaugh, and First Vice Chair, Richard Poole, especially.

2. As I told my sister Jane by phone when I called her back this morning, the TIMING of her call to me last night as I was pulling into a parking space was an ACT OF GOD, so that I ran right SMACK into Sheriff Ed McMahon as I decompressed myself out of my car. He was walking with a totally cool, older black minister.

Ed and I were MOST IMPROBABLY happy to see each other, and I immediately apologized for being so rough on him (no other thing to do when he was NOT in any way shrinking from talking in natural voice to me then and there). And by the time we walked nearly the entire distance around the Coast Line Center to find the entrance door, we had FULLY CONNECTED, and I know that God (and even I), can count on his dedicated service to root corruption out of his Deputies and other employees.

He even made a crack about people assuming the wrong thing (I had already teased him that we would BOTH ruin our political reputations if we entered the event talking like friends), which was his way of proving he couldn't care less that I'm gay -- NOT to be confused with his having sexual interest in me. NEVER have I ever heard even a WHIFF of a rumor of Ed doing anything scandalous involving sex.

I should mention that Ed LOVES my "I'm into HEALINGS, not punishments" attitude -- he kept repeating that, honestly smiling.

And while on this subject, I DID try to approach District Attorney Ben David about a dozen times, but each time, he managed to quite naturally MOVE FURTHER AWAY, and unlike EVERYONE ELSE there last night, Ben NEVER made eye contact with me.

This does NOT bode well for his future in that position. Readers will recall that Ben and his family -- and ONLY they -- sat in the center-facing short pews in the front of Kenan Chapel at First Presbyterian the first two weeks that I attended that church -- but ONLY because of my presence, Ben, his wife Stephanie, and their children CHANGED SERVICES to the later one in the main sanctuary -- and I had had no idea that that was WHY, until many months later when I discovered what a TRUE DEVIL and narco-trafficker (or protector thereof), Ben David -- and OTHERS from First Presbyterian -- is/are -- or preferably, "were".

3. I was so HAPPY to see my next-door neighbor, lawyer Oliver Carter, not just there with his wife, but a GOLD TABLE SPONSOR, that I actually shed a few silent tears of GRATITUDE. I made certain he understood that, deeply, and he expressed his pleasure at seeing me there too.

It was Oliver who quickly got the gist of my complaint about lawyer David Nash -- and how I would soon sue him silly -- then said (with meaning): "I sure feel sorry for David Nash!!!"


Scott




Scott Kenan shared a link.


Activists hailed the symbolism of the openly gay reporter's participation while calling for more systemic change in the church.
HUFFINGTONPOST.COM
Like   Comment   

.

No comments:

Post a Comment