Sunday, January 10, 2016

As First Presbyterians Fill the Parking Lot Across from My Apartment -- to Celebrate CHRISTIAN WHITE SUPREMACY!!!






>>> PERSONAL DISCLOSURE:

At spring break while a senior at Denison University in 1973, I drove with my then boyfriend, painter and senior as well, Jeff Work, to New York City for a long weekend. We were side-swiped on the interstate, but Jeff's car was fairly well dented already, so we did NOT cause the perpetrator a problem, and simply, then, drove on.

Jeff had asked me if I'd like to just stay at the Continental Baths -- which I knew NOTHING ABOUT and it sounded "scary" to me, so Jeff arranged for us to stay at the apartment of Jill Kementz and Kurt Vonnegut -- which was FILLED with photos of the Beatles that Jill had taken. Jeff's former girlfriend was doing an internship for Denison working for Jill -- and they ALL were out of town for the weekend.



Vonnegut and Krementz 1986

And we DID go the the Continental Baths, but not wanting to share each other, got no room or locker. We watched a show by Cab Calloway:



And Jeff pointed out that Film Critic Rex Reed was in that audience, dancing between two "Jungle Bunnies" -- softly chunky black guys, dressed only in one white diaper, each.



I FINALLY met Rex Reed at the 2008 Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival!!!


* * *


January 10, 2016

Good Morning (Sunday), Robert!!!

First, my apology for the delay in reply to a message I totally loved, but felt I had to use all my resources in my Political battles, which seemed to have PEAKED through this past week, especially Friday into Saturday. Good News: Today, no harassing blog comments from Jennifer McCracken/Christine Hitchens!!!

I actually wanted to publish your missive on my blog, it being charming and informational, and I WILL reproduce your comment on my Citizen's Action to prevent the too-youthy from smoking pot.

"I admire your vigilant sense of good citizenship in burning away any loose cannabis found lying about just to keep the children safe -- but to think, they're trying to legalize it here in Florida!  

Miama ("Miami" to non-natives), would fold like a cheap suit if they legalized any sort of drug.  All the glitter of Brickell Avenue was financed by the coke trade of the 80's but of course, nobody remembers any of that anymore."




Now, I LOVE Charleston, SC -- and it was there that I first spied the book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil the day it was released and I bought it for the cover, and eventually lent it to over 20 people -- ALL of whom claimed they then bought their own copy. My intention going forward is to write a series of books about my experience, somewhat in the same vein. And now that I have a JIM-CRACK (WHOOPS!!!: CRACKERJACK) lawyer to pursue some who screwed me, I can get down to work -- PRAISE JESUS (or perhaps Allah)!!!

I owned a VHS tape of a Charleston documentary, Dear Charleston (1988), that blew me away about the town's history, MANY really old citizens were interviewed in it, and they went BEYOND the "War of Northern Aggression" to call it "The Late Unpleasantness" -- a term I simply ADORE.

I read the Gnadiges Fraulein many years ago and do not remember it, but was struck by your comment that you especially like the line, "When the faculties fail, instinct takes over." Now, that is certainly TRUE, but at 64, looking 54, and healthy as an ox (with many in my family living past 100), other than a crappy short-term memory of names, especially, and a diminished desire to do hard manual labor -- which I CAN do, I'm feeling like I'm just into a SECOND LIFE, and the whole WORLD is my oyster -- although substantial soon-to-yield obstacles have been thrown up against me

It is my AIM to sue some of these idiots (many of whom have multi-millions of dollars), and among other things, be sure the Williams Folks are secure and comfortable in life. I think now of you, Michael Moye (who seems fine, financially), and yes, Skye Wyatt's two daughters, who approached me in about 2002, about the TRUTH about their Dad, since their mother told them all lies, but grandmother hinted at the truth. This was an impetus to get going writing my memoir, and the girls are CHARMING.

Now it is true that among Tennessee Williams's friends and associates whom I knew, you had no reputation for "charm" -- and we never actually met then -- although I observed you from a distance while you were in Police custody. But most important to ME, is that I NEVER would have gotten the job working for Tom had it not been for YOUR behavior, so I owe you a LOT!!!

Of course I learned a LOT about Hillbillies, when we lived in Louisville, KY 1957 - 1963. This was before the Interstate highways were mostly built, and it was a two-day drive to Wrightsville Beach/Wilmington. Hairpin turns for hours through the Appalachians -- with "GET RIGHT WITH GOD" signs in all the coves and passes. Houses were all like Little Abner's, the natives trim and frisky with pesky hairs. Of course Johnson's Great Society replaced those shacks with brick hovels soon after that.

Well, time for me to get on.

The guy I hope to give a chance to move forward in his life when I pick him up at the jail this coming Wednesday looks a bit like a Hillbilly to me!!!

He's 40 and very manly!!! That said, he's had only a 6th grade education, but he's ready for a chance -- gardening/maintenance is his specialty. He was part time gardener to the problematic District Attorney Ben David, and told me Ben's wife told him Ben couldn't SLEEP at night, worrying about legal problems caused by "Scott" -- this back in 2011. LOL!!!

Scott



In 1982, the owners of Studio 54, who had a house next door to Texas Kate Moldawer's in Key West, invited Tennessee Williams, Kate, and me for an evening of cocktails in their house.

I don't recall if Michael Moye was with us that night . . . 





(L-R) Editor Bob Colacello, model Jerry Hall, artist/publisher Andy Warhol, singer Debbie Harry, writer Truman Capote and jewelry designer Paloma Picasso at a Studio 54 party for INTERVIEW magazine and Harry's appearance on the cover.


Andy Warhol published TWO interviews of Kate (Schweppe) Sharp, Moldawer, eventually McNamara, in his INTERVIEW magazine.

Kate grew up in Atlanta -- her family BEST FRIENDS with the wealthiest of the Kenans (Frank Hawkins Kenan and his brother James Graham Kenan), which is where she learned how to act like the WEALTHIEST WOMAN ON EARTH.



Texas Kate with Tennessee Williams 1979


.

No comments:

Post a Comment