Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Getting to the BOTTOM of Things!!!



“Jesus said that it is as difficult for a wealthy person to enter the Kingdom of God as it is for a camel to go through the eye of a needle.” 

― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Living Buddha, Living Christ


I would say it is JUST as difficult for a DRUG ADDICT or NARCO-TRAFFICKING individual or Public Official to do the same. -- Scott


The BEST news of the last several days as some things have gotten clearer -- without any violence, charges filed, jailings, or nut-house commitments: Though it all, Joseph Faulk has pulled out EVERY STOP IN HIS BOOK to keep Dewain for MY roommate, and Dewain has wasted his time MOSTLY on finding a good deal on a larger "value-sized" marijuana buy (called a "Quarter"), and disrupting MY routine, as well as being too big a presence in my apartment, demanding too much attention.

I don't need it, and for him to stay here only enables his NOT growing up.

This was my latest email to Mr. Faulk on the subject, and after dealing with the CONTINUING electrical problem in my car, I expect to get back to:

1. Writing my thoughts on the papers Magistrate Johnson and the City Clerk's office gave me for filing charges -- it is both sensible, but even MORE that process is BIZARRE and frustrating to people needing help from the Law and Courts.

2. Visit the Sheriff's Office on Princess Street to find out WHY the detectives have not contacted me for my evidence and knowledge on local narco-trafficking. If I have no luck, I will then go to a higher authority, documenting all as I always do.

The email:

Now, Dewain thanks you MOST PROFUSELY for his new bike!!!

FromScott Kenan scottdkenan@aol.comhide details
Tojfaulk001 jfaulk001@nyc.rr.com
Dewain thanks you for the GREAT bike he bought at a pawn shop for nearly $100.00, including lock, etc. It's got nearly new heavy-duty tires, a shock absorber, and a wide saddle for comfort. Otherwise, he spent about five hours tracking down about six marijuana deals, only two small ones working out. He had hoped to buy a quarter ounce, but has not found an available one. This is what drug addicts do -- rather than look for a job (especially if they have money in their pocket).

This is how he's using your money.

It did NOT turn cold as expected last night, but he slept on my sofa to avoid paying for hotel for the cold and rain which is not yet here. But he kept himself smoked pretty much into a stupor all of yesterday and last night, and I suggest that if you think he's such a great roommate, you send him a bus ticket to move in with you. 

Of the about two dozen homeless people I knew 5 - 6 years ago here -- and have run into in Wilmington since my return at the end of June 2015, only four others of them have not gotten into apartments, jobs, etc., and -- excepting Conrad and Theresa -- they have things like schizophrenia or other very difficult things to deal with. Dewain is FAR smarter than most of them, and clearly was brought up understanding HOW to make a good life for himself, but prefers to stay so stoned he can't get much together. He can't remember things we just discussed (like when you don't remember what we just discussed, which has been happening more and more frequently).

And I'm not interested in any kind of sex with a person who does not get his life together -- and CLEARLY we could never be romantic since we are so different. I'm NOT going to fall back into SEX ADDICTION because he is "available", and I told him this morning we will have no more sex -- period.

As I said, if he seems so good to you, send him a bus ticket to move into YOUR apartment.

And I reminded him that you offered to help him move to SC, but he doesn't know yet what he will do.

Off to the Chevy dealer, and hope I do not need EXPENSIVE further repair!!!

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Kenan <scottdkenan@aol.com>
To: jfaulk001 <jfaulk001@nyc.rr.com>
Cc: scott <scott@scottdavidkenan.com>; bojones <bojones@verizon.net>; mfmoye <mfmoye@gmail.com>; kenan5 <kenan5@aol.com>; jkenan02 <jkenan02@gmail.com>; duffyjr3 <duffyjr3@verizon.net>

Sent: Tue, Jan 26, 2016 11:47 am
Subject: Re: Dewain thanks you for his $300.00, which he has in HIS possession, now!!!


Well, YOU TOO are a drug addict -- if legally so -- so have NO sense of what is a WASTE of TIME to creative people like MOST of Society. That is why we are so often in disagreement. Shutting off the irritating sound is like taking DRUGS unnecessarily -- it MASKS the symptoms of Mental Illness -- without healing anything!!!

The sound was low enough not to bother me AT ALL!!! It was the AWARENESS of a SMART person wasting his life in my LIVING space.

S

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Faulk <jfaulk001@nyc.rr.com>
To: Scott Kenan <scottdkenan@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Jan 26, 2016 11:23 am
Subject: Re: Dewain thanks you for his $300.00, which he has in HIS possession, now!!!



Thanks for the details. TV audio can be annoying to others, and the solution is to connect earphones.
-J-
----- Original Message -----
From: Scott Kenan
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 10:38 AM
Subject: Dewain thanks you for his $300.00, which he has in HIS possession, now!!!

He was AMAZED, and when I picked him up this morning, had already smoked a joint and was very high, so slow, but is also drinking coffee.


He is doing wash, now, and thinks he might buy a bike at a pawn shop, get better phone service, and think a little before spending more. His first idea was a couple of days in a motel with $100.00 of it. It is going to 65 today, but colder and raining tonight. Last two nights he and a buddy shared a hotel room that they panhandled enough to get.



So we have had much civilized conversation, and I offered that if we can work out what had really been a problem for him, he could move back in. Two things: biggest is his constant TV watching instead of doing anything productive drive me crazy since he is actually very intelligent if not well schooled, and that I do NOT want illegal-to-have chemical drugs in the house. He said that he is adamant that we could not be roommates, but will continue to spend some time here. He plans on coming over tomorrow and I am allowing him a closet to store his heavier belongings that caused him serious knee and lower back pain the last few days of carrying them everywhere in his backpack.


I gave him Advil which is already working well for pain relief.

This is interesting in the last item (only one I didn't know about and do) -- I could USE help with short-term memory, so am going to try it. Ever heard of it??? Just schlepping this giant body around keeps me fit enough -- and I've lost nearly all my "Holiday Weight" -- YAY!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/7-habits-of-famous-people-who-have-no-intention-of-slowing-down_us_569ff179e4b076aadcc5088a

Hope yer day is going SWELL!!!

Thanks, again,
Scott
Sandra Beckham
11 hrs
“Just as rust produced by iron corrodes iron, so is the violator of moral law destroyed by his own wrong action.” 

― Thích Nhất Hạnh

Scott



.

No comments:

Post a Comment