Thursday, January 7, 2016

On the Eve of Going to Court . . .





>>> An honest-to-betsy personal email!!!


From:
Scott Kenan
Sent:Thu 1/7/2016 6:26 PM
To:

Robert Carroll 
Cc:

scottdkenan


Hi Robert -- I actually already saw the video, having gotten notice of its being up via my aol mail that I checked first. I watched it all just to hear Tom (Tennessee Williams), although I understand almost no spoken French (written is easier since I studied Latin -- as well as German -- perfect for English origins), and I have a working understanding of BASIC Spanish now.

http://www.rjcarroll.us/videography/default.html

No one need worry about me too much -- it is as if I was BUILT and EDUCATED to handle what I need to. And my constitution is total health too, my father died three days before his 96th birthday, but has two first cousins over 100, living in the next county. 

Dad was born in Burgaw. Also Dad's grandmother was the Oldest Living Confederate Widow in NC, and my 4th cousin, Allan Gurganus, based Oldest Confederate Widow Tells All VERY loosely on her. In the 1989 TV movie which won many Emmys, both Diane Lane and Anne Bancroft played my great-grandmother, and Donald Sutherland played my great-grandfather.

Although I was born in Cincinnatus, Ohio (the Roman I seek to emulate in my political life), when I was six weeks old, we motored to Wrightsville Beach -- actually to Wilmington to stay with relatives, but for the beach. Dad's best buddy from growing up, Odell Balkcum, fed me a teaspoon of Bourbon to keep me from turning Yankee, and it almost worked. Tom Williams finished the job (with an assist from Texas Kate Moldawer). And he must have only dipped his finger, but so the family story goes!!!

I have no idea how or WHY I was so "blessed" to have so much smarts, memory, etc., but as I woke up to it after 31 years of semi-lobotomy on Lithium (although I was off the whole time I lived in Key West, except the last couple of months), and started connecting the dots of what I have known or experienced, I realized there would be a GREAT ADVENTURE in store for me, if I trusted my instincts -- tempered by intellect -- then my emotions would report accurately if I was doing right. It has worked FLAWLESSLY!!!

At the end of the first three days of it, I knew that working for Tom for that half year was the PEAK experience of my life -- that might be divided into two at about 2003, the year I began to write my memoir. Well, that is easy to say looking back, but I really was a mess. 

Then, I had to teach myself to write and devoured bookshelves of books on everything related to writing, moving to finding an agent, marketing, etc. more to the end, when after twelve major drafts (and many minor ones as well), I completed it in 2008. 

I searched for an agent for 18 months and 189 agents queried -- then got one who later proved part of the Rahm Emanuel/El Chapo Guzman Chicago Narco-Traffickers, with Sean Hannity, and Sewanee (and "The Kenans"!!!) -- LOL!!!

What happened was that with no warning to me, I was thrown into the the WORST SEWER and to get out, I had to KILL ALL THE RATS!!! Well, I don't mean physically kill, but the rats were REAL and HUMAN!!! Still are -- HA!!!

Anyway, I think that you, I, and Michael could become the nucleus of a "survivors of Tennessee Williams -- and of those who hate him" group that occasionally has reunions, and when I make my money I'll pay for the whole damned thing. Fun excursions to exotic locales -- sound like fun???

Late this afternoon, I ran into evidence of illegal herbal material, and good citizen that I am, I destroyed all the evidence with fire -- IMMEDIATELY!!! So I forget what else I'd hoped to write about.

I DID tell my lawyer this afternoon that I -- for three hours -- thought that I should take out a Restraining Order against roomy Phil Rosario, because he VERY seriously threatened my life last night and this morning -- but for the FUTURE, not immediately violent. But why bother with that, when both my lawyer -- TOP IN TOWN!!! -- and his admin know about it and how to get in touch with Phil. So I told that to Philip as soon as I got home, and he's SETTLED DOWN and has been "KISSING MY FANNY" ever since.

See how I've learned a lot how to handle one of the most dangerous for-30-years criminals in Wilmington??? I kid you not!!! I'll sleep free of anxiety as always.

I'm not discussing with anyone what my lawyer and I discussed -- until after court -- but I WILL tell you that I'm PLEASED AS PUNCH!

Well, I might publish my response to you on blog (modified somewhat) -- saving me effort when I need to rest up for Court in the morning.

Scott



.

No comments:

Post a Comment