Monday, February 8, 2016

Lord Almighty!!! A Woman Just Called from the NAACP (a week or so late), and I TOLD HER OFF (in no uncertain or "Christ-like" terms)!!!


I didn't feel it would be right to post a real person's image -- I don't know who called.


BUT, she said she had gotten several messages from me, and was calling to say that they have no idea right now how full their Bus(es) is/are.

She said it would be a while before they had any idea.

Ya don't SAY.

But I told her that I -- and many others in both the black and white communities (I have no idea about Hispanics or Arabs, etc.) -- have questions about their local chapter -- and that I might ride with a church I'd been in contact with today.

And I DID mention that she sure got back to me late and their calculations of bus head-counts could stand some considerable improvement.

Then she began what sounded like reading from a script about how the NAACP relies on volunteers, etc., and I realized I haven't told anyone or blogged about this for years, but in Georgia I'd been a member for several years, and done some volunteer work for the NAACP.

But when I said that, she got bossy, bellowing, "Could you hold on, please, I AM TALKING!!!"

And I accused her of just reading a script and she denied it and I told her I KNOW ALL ABOUT THAT. I WAS A MEMBER ONCE.

And she got to huffin' and puffin' -- and I probably just now exaggerated that -- but that is when I got "potty-mouthed"




Otherwise, Dewain got home and had not gotten either job or been able to reach them by phone -- make of that what you will. I now throw darts at his claims to decide which are true.

And he complained VEHEMENTLY that cops had chased him off panhandling three times -- which is fewer times than twice the last week. Turns out he was given a summons on charge of Panhandling today -- and warned that if they catch him again, he's going to jail.

I thought, what a GREAT SOLUTION!!! But quickly realized that you only go in for a day on that one, so just something to get him mad.

Well, he DID manage to eat at a homeless kitchen tonight, so maybe he sees the writing on the wall -- first time for that since he moved in.

But he claims he will make the money somehow. I hope he's not so desperate that he gets back into greater crimes . . .

We'll see.

Scott



Wrightsville Beach snow, January 28, 2014


.

No comments:

Post a Comment