Friday, September 1, 2017

After the SHOCK That My Mother Is Now THOUGHTFUL OF ME (if still -- necessarily -- unrepentant):


And the REASON IS that Miranda Priestly is actually NICE!!!




Of course this scene did NOT surprise me at all -- I always LOVED the HARD ASS of Miranda and her demanding perfection. I don't just say that because of all the celebrities I got to know while working for Tennessee Williams, I got to know Meryl Streep the best, but less so her husband Don Gummer (a sculptor who didn't really like the "celebrity parties"). I saw a lot more of Meryl, but she is in three of my chapters -- should you care to take a gander:






Here is the TITLE to the email I sent out earlier today of the LAST blog posting, this news JUST COMING IN as I was almost ready to write a title:



AND, I just got notice I begin my CONSULTANCY with "Tarbell" (READER-FUNDED journalism -- Ida Tarbell was the journalist most responsible for breaking up Kenan-Controlled Standard Oil), this coming TUESDAY!!! Also: THANK GOD IT'S FRIDA!!!






And the Standard Oil Trust was broken up TWO YEARS before Mary Lily (Kenan) Flagler inherited Henry Flagler's ENTIRE ESTATE in 1913, when the New York Times then declared Mary Lily the WEALTHIEST WOMAN on EARTH.


Flagler had controlled more Standard Oil stock than John D. Rockefeller (who BOYCOTTED the Kenan-Flagler wedding, calling Mary Lily a "slut", he knowing she had Tertiary Syphilis and symptoms were beginning to appear).



The Wedding Party on the steps of Liberty Hall in Kenansville, North Carolina.




And Flagler ALSO owned 40% stock in railroads in GENERAL in the USA -- NOT just his Florida East Coast Railroad, which made PRICE GOUGING so EASY for Standard Oil.




BUT, Flagler's railroads were NOT broken up, and the Kenans inherited all of that TOO.


As far as I've been able to tell, the Kenans owned the LARGEST BLOCK of each of the 34 companies it was broken into, including the precursors of British Petroleum and Royal Dutch Shell, then sold much of the other companies to concentrate in ESSO, which later took the name EXXON, and later still, bought the smaller Mobil (also a part of the original S.O.).

This is all covered several places in this blog -- and in History books (that include MANY conflicting stories).







Anyway, several months ago, Tarbell emailed me asking me to sign on as an unpaid consultant, which I consented to. They planned to get going during this August, and having heard nothing, I figured it hadn't panned out -- but TODAY, they claim we are to begin this coming TUESDAY!!!





1. I realized that my mother REALLY HAS FLIPPED, but really has "pride" in her Catholicism, and CANNOT admit her crimes -- although she NOW understands the EVIL of her former ways, and how it affected me (and MILLIONS of others, actually).



You must pick up BOTH the heads and tails of a coin to SPEND IT -- but you don't have to LOOK at the tails side, if that offends you!!!


2. I MISSED my dentist's APPRECIATION LUNCH for his clients today (something I never HEARD of a dentist throwing), due to the PRESSURE OF BLOGGING that last piece: http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2017/09/my-very-disturbing-yet-reassuring-phone.html -- more than ranting on about my Politics (which he and his staff love -- if I keep my voice down in his office)

I miss my SHOWING OFF what a great job he did on my LOWER DENTURE that stays snapped in place and I can now eat berries, nuts, tougher cuts of meat, and COURSE-GROUND BLACK PEPPER!!! 




3. I've got Metaphysical Church Sunday morninghttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2017/08/after-being-invited-to-join.html





4. Today, while I was in the MIDDLE of writing the last posting, "Warden" informed me that he is moving OUT in a couple of weeks -- his rep at Benefits Management, Inc., Meredith, having found him a ONE-MAN apartment for which he has been approved.


A real surprise to me -- since he never complained about this apartment, we get along well (even if he says nothing much and can only discuss the weather and WHO is going to buy him a VAN to drive -- no one, it turns out). But it ALSO turns out that the landlord has NO VACANCY knowingly expected.

I explained that by Law, he needs to give me 30-day written notice (but he's not likely able to write one up unassisted, so I'll accept his verbal as if written), and I'll deal directly with Meredith. As she knows, I let him move in for half a month without paying rent -- because it was ALL paid already, and he was living on the STREET, street people taking advantage of him so bad that he had LOST his last apartment. So if he DOES move out in two weeks, he will have paid for the time he actually stayed here.

I charged him only $400.00 including ALL utilities and use of my furniture and second TV -- just to make it easy for him, but $650.00/month is a MINIMUM rental value, and he had been paying $450.00 for a room in a CRACK HOUSE.

Well, because of his moving in, there is now a real DOOR on his bedroom -- and the shower-curtain-surround for his tub was scheduled to be installed late this week, but will happen next week -- making it RENTABLE, finally, to a REGULAR HUMAN (grad student, young professional, but traveling salesman would be BEST, though). It's in a LOVELY historic area with beautiful gardens and homes all around us -- and just a few blocks from downtown businesses.


And if it takes Warden longer than a month to move on -- I can handle that too!!!

I've been THINKING of wanting that small TV back to use as a second monitor as I get going WRITING BOOKS. My office in Stone Mountain, GA had THREE monitors lined up like the windows of a cockpit of an aeroplane!!!


5.

Russel Honore's GREEN ARMY has been posting up a STORM on Facebook about what is NEEDED in Houston and other flooded places ASAP!!!














.

No comments:

Post a Comment